Wednesday, 30 March 2011

The BBC is being sued by the makers of the electric sports car, the Tesla Roadster, over claims a race on Top Gear was rigged.

Tesla Motors claims the test set up by Jeremy Clarkson on a 2008 edition of the show was rigged to make it look like the Tesla ran out of power when racing a petrol powered Lotus.The Tesla Roadster is the world's fastest production electric car.A Top Gear spokesman said the BBC would be "vigorously defending" the claim.On the programme Jeremy Clarkson claimed: "Although Tesla say it'll do 200 miles, we worked out that on our track it would run out after just 55 miles."'Driven aggressively'But in a statement on its website, Tesla said the Roadster's miles per charge had been certified at 211 miles by a third party European Union (EU) test.It argued that because the car was "driven aggressively" on Top Gear the charge didn't last as long, but that if driven "mindfully" charges could last for...

Sunday, 20 March 2011

Muammar Gaddafi has denounced backers of plans for a no-fly zone over his country and urged Libyans to take up arms and prepare to confront a possible invasion by Western powers.

Muammar Gaddafi has denounced backers of plans for a no-fly zone over his country and urged Libyans to take up arms and prepare to confront a possible invasion by Western powers. Addressing selected supporters late on Tuesday, Gaddafi called the rebels "rats" and denounced Western nations. "They want Libyan oil," he said. "France now raises its head and says that it will strike Libya," Gaddafi told the gathering at his Bab al-Azizia fortified compound in central Tripoli. "Strike Libya?" he asked. "We'll be the one who strikes you! We struck you in Algeria, in Vietnam. You want to strike us? Come and give it a try." His speech came as world...

Tornado jets from RAF Lossiemouth are expected to fly out to Libya this week to help enforce the no-fly zone over the country.

Tornado jets from RAF Lossiemouth are expected to fly out to Libya this week to help enforce the no-fly zone over the country. Two fighter planes from the base are included in the British force involved in multinational military action in the Middle Eastern country. Libyan leader Colonel Gaddafi has been defiant in the face of the bombing, vowing to fight a "long war" after Western air strikes targeted his forces on the ground. Forces loyal to Gaddafi are locked in an offensive against rebels holding the coastal city of Benghazi. No personnel from RAF Lossiemouth are taking part in the air strikes, which are being co-ordinated from RAF Marham...

Monday, 14 March 2011

Bahrain travel warning for Britons

The Foreign Office has advised Britons against all travel to Bahrain after confrontations between anti-government protesters and police intensified over the weekend. Officials warned that all UK nationals should remain at home until further notice, amid reports that Saudi National Guard soldiers are about to enter the Gulf state. The FCO said in a statement: 'Following an increase in protests over recent days, confrontations between protesters and police, reports of protesters establishing roadblocks, and reports that the Saudi National Guard will enter Bahrain, we advise British nationals currently in Bahrain to remain at home until further...

Saturday, 12 March 2011

SHOCKWAVES from the Japanese quake were felt on global financial markets around the world.

Airlines were also forced to cancel flights after the closure of Tokyo’s main Narita airport, while electronics giant Sony said it had halted production at all six factories in northeast Japan.PM Naoto Kan and MPs stayed seated as the quake swayed ­chandeliers and shook desks at a parliamentary session.SHOCKWAVES from the Japanese quake were felt on global financial markets around the world.Airlines were also forced to cancel flights after the closure of Tokyo’s main Narita airport, while electronics giant Sony said it had halted production at all six factories in northeast Japan.PM Naoto Kan and MPs stayed seated as the quake swayed ­chandeliers and shook desks at a parliamentary session.And although the disaster struck just minutes before Tokyo trading closed, the Nikkei index of leading...

Friday, 11 March 2011

court decision made today will allow the large quantity of PlayStation 3 systems that had been seized upon their arrival in Europe

A court decision made today will allow the large quantity of PlayStation 3 systems that had been seized upon their arrival in Europe to be freed. Sony will be allowed to continue their distribution to retailers. This latest court order follows February's move that blocked the importation of PS3s into the Netherlands (where all European PS3 imports come through), leading to the seizure of what's said to be around 300,000 systems.LG alleged that Sony had violated certain LG-owned Blu-ray patents, so a court granted the temporary block. Today's decision doesn't mean Sony is necessarily in the right. According to blog FOSS Patents, lifting the seizure order was done because "this kind of measure didn't seem fair given the history of negotiations between the parties."Sony's potential guilt will...

Pages 381234 »
Related Posts with Thumbnails

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons